With Father’s Day coming up, you’re probably looking for some fun ways to enjoy quality time with Dad. Why not curl up on the couch and watch a good movie? With so many amazing dad-centered movies, you could have a fun Father’s Day movie marathon! Check out these movies to watch with your dad to find some awesome titles to watch on Dad’s big day.
We put together an epic list of Father’s Day movies you and your dad are sure to love whether you’re 5 or 55!
You could also start this tradition with a virtual movie night if you and your dad aren’t in the same house!
Funny Father’s Day Movies
You can’t go wrong by watching a funny comedy with your dad on Father’s Day.
These classic comedies are a fun way to celebrate your father on his special day:
- Father of the Bride PG-13: When George Banks’ daughter, Annie, announces she’s getting married, the wedding planning (and the trouble that follows) begins!
- National Lampoon’s Vacation R:Chevy Chase plans the perfect all-American vacation for his family, but nothing on the trip goes according to plan.
- Daddy’s Home PG-13: Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg face off in this fun dad vs. step-dad showdown.
- Cheaper by the Dozen PG: See the struggles (and comedy) that comes when trying to balance a career while raising 12 children.
- Liar Liar PG-13: When a fast-talking attorney played by Jim Carrey learns he can’t lie for 24 hours after his son makes a birthday wish, he must try to keep his life in one piece for the day.
- Mrs. Doubtfire PG-13: After his custody agreement doesn’t go his way, Robin Williams disguises himself as a sweet nanny to spend more time with his kids.
- Meet the Parents PG-13: When Ben Stiller takes a trip to ask his future father-in-law for his girlfriend’s hand in marriage, nothing goes right.
- Daddy Day Care PG-13: After Eddie Murphy loses his job, he decides to open up his own day care at home.
- Mr. Mom PG: Michael Keaton learns the ropes of being a stay-at-home dad after he loses his job.
- The Game Plan PG: A football star builds a relationship with a daughter he never knew existed.
- Parenthood PG-13: Take a look into the lives of the Buckman family and all the joys that come with raising children.
- Definitely Maybe PG-13: A father tells his daughter the story of how he met her mother.
- 3 Men and a Baby PG-13: Three successful single men work together to raise a baby on their own.
- Back to the Future PG: Michael J. Fox travels back in time save the relationship between his father and mother.
- Big Daddy PG-13: Adam Sandler becomes a foster parent and brings his own brand of humor to the trials of parenthood.
- Like Father Like Son PG-13: Dudley Moore and Kirk Cameron trade places as father and son.
- What a Girl Wants PG-13: An American girl travels to London to build a relationship with her estranged English father.
- Imagine That PG: Eddie Murphy uses his daughter’s magical imagination to improve his business.
- We’re the Millers R: A fake family turns into reality after attempting to smuggle something across the border.
- Mama Mia PG-13: A bride-to-be invites three men from her mother’s past to her wedding to figure out which one of them is her father.
- RV PG: Robin Williams takes his busy family on a cross-country RV trip.
Action Movies for Father’s Day
Guys love action movies, which means action-packed films are a great choice for Father’s Day.
And just because these movies focus on dads, doesn’t mean they’re not filled with action, too!
Turn on one of these action movies for Father’s Day to celebrate your dad:
- Star Wars: A New Hope PG: It’s time to start the Star Wars quotes and fun with Dad!
- The Empire Strikes Back PG: Luke Skywalker has his final battle with Darth Vader only to uncover a shocking secret about his past.
- Taken PG-13: Liam Neeson will do anything to save his daughter from her kidnappers.
- Jurassic Park PG-13: This Steven Spielburg classic is perfect for any dinosaur lover! Grab our Jurassic Park snack ideas for even more fun!
- Searching PG-13: John Cho devotes his life to finding his missing daughter when the police have given up hope.
- Air Force One R: When a group of neo-Nazis hijack Air Force One, Harrison Ford must save his family.
- Armageddon PG-13: Father and son man a rocket going into space to save the earth from an asteroid.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade PG-13: Indiana Jones saves his father, who vanished while searching for the Holy Grail.
- The Shining R: Jack Nicholson goes mad after moving his family into a haunted hotel.
- A Good Day to Die Hard R: Bruce Willis heads to Russia to save his son.
- Face/Off R: Nicholas Cage transforms from a terrorist to family man by taking John Travolta’s face.
- Interstellar PG-13: Matthew McConaughey flies to space to save his family from Earth’s destruction.
Dramas to Watch with Dad
Comedy and action aren’t the only ways to keep Dad entertained.
These heartfelt dramas are another great way to enjoy Father’s Day with your dad:
- Pursuit of Happyness 16+: A struggling single dad takes an unpaid internship to create a better life for his child.
- About Time R: A father and son share the ability to time travel.
- We Bought a Zoo PG: Matt Damon moves his family to a zoo after the death of his wife.
- To Kill a Mockingbird 18+: See a dad through a six-year-old’s eyes as he battles prejudice and injustice in 1932 Alabama.
- Fences 18+: Single dad Denzel Washington fights to provide for his family in 1950s Pittsburg.
- Big Fish PG-13: A man pieces together the life of his father through stories and tales he heard throughout his childhood.
- He Got Game R: A convict tries to reconnect with his son through basketball.
- Dad PG: A high powered executive cares for his aging father.
- Sleepless in Seattle PG: With the help of his son, a widower finds love.
- The Godfather R: The son of the patriarch of the most powerful Mafia family returns home from war and is forced to join the family business. (We have a full Godfather Movie Night Guide too!)
- Beautiful Boy R: Based on father and son memoirs, follow the heartbreak of addition between a father and son.
- Trouble with the Curve PG-13: An aging baseball scout is joined by his estranged daughter on a scouting trip.
- Rocky Balboa: Rocky comes out of retirement.
Family Friendly Father’s Day Movies
Make sure everyone in the family can enjoy your movie marathon by picking some family-friendly favorites.
These fun kid-friendly flicks are a great way to celebrate Dad with the entire family:
- The Incredibles 2: Mr. Incredible must take care of the kids while mom works as a superhero.
- Finding Nemo: When Nemo is captured, his father takes a journey across the ocean to save him.
- Onward: Two brothers go on an epic quest to spend one final day with their deceased father.
- Lion King: A lion cub must take his place as ruler after tragedy strikes.
- Hook: A busy father takes a trip to a fantastic world to uncover his past.
We hope you love this Father’s Day movies list! Tag us on Instagram with your dad for a possible shout-out!