Playing a game of charades is always so much fun! Grab our Halloween Charades Words List and free printable for your next Halloween party!
We’ve included free printables at the bottom of this post as well!
We love this Halloween charades word list for a family game night! It’s a great way to get the entire family into the Halloween spirit without leaving your living room!
What You’ll Need For this Halloween Charades Game
- An Electronic Timer (the beep is nice compared to the sand timer)
- Halloween Charade Cards (get the printable cards below)
- Bag or bowl to put the cards in
- Piece of paper to keep score
- Pen or marker to keep score
How to Play Halloween Charades
Halloween is such a great time of year to have a party! These Halloween charade ideas include ideas for younger players, as well as, scary but fun ideas for older players. But before we get to the words, let’s go over the rules!
- Place all of the Halloween ideas in a bowl
- Decide on the time limit for each clue ahead of time and whether you’ll play for points or for a specific amount of time.
- Let the players know the rules.
- Choose who will go first. (We typically let the youngest go first). They’ll draw an idea from the bowl.
- This person acts out whatever is on the card they drew. They can’t speak.
- Everyone else tries to figure out what is being acted out. When a person guesses correctly, he or she goes next.
- If no one gets it within the 60 seconds, no one gets a point.
Halloween Charades Tips
- When you’re coming up with Halloween charade ideas, we recommend keeping it to popular ideas and everyday activities versus anything obscure. You want every player to know how to act it out and guess.
- Also, make sure the activity, name, or title is something that can be acted out.
- Decide ahead of time if you all will allow someone to pass on a word. If they can pass, is there a limit to it?
- Make sure to set a time limit or certain amount of points as the end-point to keep people from getting restless.
- You could also do teams versus individual players.
Halloween Charades Words List
If you don’t want our free Halloween Charades Printable, you can just pull from this Halloween charades word list!
Halloween Charade Ideas for Younger Kids
- Halloween Costumes
- Trick or Treating
- Harry Potter
- Scary movie
- Candy corn
- Haunted house
- Flying on a broom
- Black cat
- Halloween mask
- Bobbing for apples
- Face paint
- Crazy laugh / Cackle
- Caramel apple on a stick
Halloween Charade Ideas for Adults
These Halloween charade ideas may be too hard for younger children, but they are great ideas for adults and possibly older children. This is because the word may be too scary or it has a higher difficulty level.
- Apple cider
- Pumpkin spice
- Watching scary movies
- Grim reaper
- Mummy on a plane
- Scaring someone
Halloween Charade Movie Ideas
These ideas are also more for adults or teens versus younger players.
You may want to play in teams with this one since they are harder than the other Halloween word list ideas.
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Night of the Living Dead
- Freddy Kruger
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- The Blair Witch Project
- House on Haunted Hill
- The Exorcist
- Get out!
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Shining
- Hocus Pocus
- Casper The Friendly Ghost
- Scooby Doo!
- Sleepy Hollow
- Edward Scissorhands
- Practical Magic
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- A Quiet Place
- Final Destination
- The Witches of Eastwick
- Paranormal Activity
- The Haunted Mansion
- The Sixth Sense
- Corpse Bride
- Death Becomes Her
- The Addams Family
- Friday the 13th
- Doctor Sleep
- The Omen
- The Thing
- The Ring
- The Amityville Horror
- Pet Sematary
- The Grudge
- The Hills Have Eyes
- Rosemary’s Baby
- 13 Ghosts
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Love Halloween movies? Check out 81+ Best Halloween Movies [for Kids, Teens & Adults]!
BONUS: Give it a Spooky Vibe!
If you’re playing with a group of friends or older kids, you could also add in a little more Halloween fun by adding a “Scary task” to some cards!
On a few pieces of paper, write something creepy or scary task for the person who draws it to do.
- Randomly scream during the next player’s turn.
- Start violently shaking for 10 seconds.
- Get up close to someone and just stare for a minute.
- Sneak up behind someone and yell BOO!
- Start muttering “all work and no play makes johnny a dull boy” over and over for a minute.
Playing a game of charades is a great way to get the entire family together! We hope this of 125 Halloween Charades Word List helps you all have a Happy Halloween!
You can get our Halloween Charades Printable free if you opt in here, or you can also grab it in our shop if you prefer to keep your email private.