Movie nights are all about relaxing and having fun with your spouse, family, or friends! Some of our best memories are from simple nights at home! Of course, there are a few essentials you’ll need to have on hand, and we’ve put together our ultimate movie night checklist with all of them!
What should I eat for a movie night?
Grab the popcorn, pizza, nachos, hot dogs, Twizzlers, and gummy bears, and get ready for an amazing movie night at home! We also love a themed dinner or getting food delivered with Uber Eats or DoorDash!
How can I host the best movie night?
We have 5 easy tips to help you host the best movie night ever — whether you’re watching with your kids, spouse, or friends!
- Prepare — Pick a day and movie and let everyone know ahead of time. We love these printable movie night invitations!
- Snacks & Activities — We love themed snacks! Check out all of our movie and food pairings here!
- Get Cozy — Turn off your phones, put on your pajamas, and cuddle up with throws, pillows, and stuffed animals!
- Take Breaks — Whether your 5 or 55, you may need an intermission to go to the bathroom or load up on snacks!
- Chat After — Watching a movie requires some silence (in some cases haha!) so it can be fun to talk after about whether you liked the movie or not.
Below is our home movie night checklist to help you plan a great family tradition or host an epic date night or slumber party!
You have to have the right snacks for your movie night! We have a ton of movie-themed recipes you may like, but these ideas fit any movie night!
Creating a Fun Atmosphere
Part of the reason movie nights at home are so fun is because you get the best of both worlds -- the theater AND being comfortable at home! These ideas help make your movie night more fun and memorable!
While the movie is your main event, you may also like to have activities planned around it!
What is on your movie night checklist?
Have an idea for us to add? Let us know!